Welcome to all new EDMT doctoral students!
The doctoral program in Management of Technology (EDMT) is pleased to welcome twelve new PhD students.
On September 29, 2020, the doctoral program in Management of Technology organized an event to welcome its new students and to present the inaugural Kilian Schindler Excellence Award.
The event began with a welcome message by Prof. Thomas Weber, director of the EDMT doctoral program, and was followed by a speech from Eduardo Schindler, father of Kilian Schindler, a former PhD student who sadly passed away in May 2020. To honor his memory and his life an award was created in his name. The first laureate, Dr. Cagil Kocyigit, a 2020 EDMT graduate, was chosen by a committee of several EDMT faculty members. The gathering was concluded with a joint dinner at a nearby campus restaurant where students and faculty had the chance to exchange ideas and get to know each other.
The incoming doctoral students, who all introduced themselves in a few words and shared some of their research interests, are (in photo left-to-right, top-down):
- Dorsa Abdolhamidi, joining the team of Thomas Weber (Chair OES)
- Nicolas Camenzind joining the team of Damir Filipovic (Swiss Finance [email protected])
- Onur Demiray joining the team of Ralf Seifert (Chair TOM) (from January 2021)
- Farzaneh Habibollahi joining the team of Marc Gruber (Chair ENTC)
- Jun Han joining the team of Thomas Weber (Chair OES)
- Tin Huynh joining the team of Claudia Binder (Lab HERUS)
- Fateme Jamshidi joining the team of Negar Kiyavash (Chair BAN)
- Wouter Jongeneel joining the team of Daniel Kuhn (Chair RAO)
- Gleb Kurovskiy joining the team of Luisa Lambertini (Chair CFI)
- Yves Rychener joining the team of Daniel Kuhn (Chair RAO) (from January 2021)
- Philipp Schneider joining the team of Thomas Weber (Chair OES)
- Andrea Xu joining the team of Semyon Malamud (Swiss Finance [email protected]).