President of Sri Lanka Award delivered to A.T.D. Perera
Amarasinghage Tharindu Dasun Perera, PhD student at the EPFL Solar Energy and Building Physics Lab, has been awarded the Sri Lankan President's Award for Scientific Publications.
This prestigious award delivered by his Excellency the President of Sri Lanka is given in recognition for high impact peer reviewed publications with an influence on the development of the country.
Based on his Master thesis on hybrid energy systems at the University of Moratuwa, A.T.D. Perera published eighteen articles refereed in Scopus, including five peer reviewed papers in international scientific journals as well as one in a Sri Lankan scientific journal.
His current PhD study at EPFL is part of the research activities of the Swiss Competence Center for Energy Research on Future Energy Efficient Buildings and Dictricts (SCCER FEEB&D) and is focused on the Modelling and Assessment of Urban Energy Systems.
1. A. T. D. Perera, D. M. I. J. Wickremasinghe, D. V. S. Mahindarathna, R. A. Attalage, K. K. C. K. Perera, and E. M. Bartholameuz, “Sensitivity of internal combustion generator capacity in standalone hybrid energy systems”; 2012 (30) PP. 403-411, Energy
2. A. T. D. Perera, R. A. Attalage, K.K.C.K. Perera and V.P.C. Dassanayake “A hybrid tool to combine multi-objective optimization and multi-criterion decision making in designing standalone hybrid energy systems” 2013 (107) PP. 412-425, Applied Energy
3. A. T. D. Perera, R.A. Attalage, K.K.C.K. Perera and V.P.C. Dassanayake “Designing standalone hybrid energy systems minimizing initial investment, lifecycle cost and emission” 2013 (54) PP. 220-230, Energy
4. A. T. D. Perera, R. A. Attalage, K.K.C.K. Perera and V.P.C. Dassanayake “Converting existing Internal Combustion Generator (ICG) systems into HESs in standalone applications” 2013 (74) PP. 237-248 Energy Conservation and Management
5. A. T. D. Perera, A.N. Madusanka, R. A. Attalage, and K.K.C.K. Perera “A multi-criterion analysis for renewable energy integration process of a standalone hybrid energy system with internal combustion generator” 2015 (7) Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy
Peer Reviewed Sri-Lankan journal paper:
1. N.A.I.D.Nissanka, A.T.D.Perera and R.A.Attalage “Impact of Building Architecture to Thermal Comfort Level; A Case Study at University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka”, Annual Transactions of IESL vol. 1 pp. 281-288 Abstract