Middle East and Africa Energy Innovation Virtual Hackathon
Take part in this global hackathon!
48 hours to turn the 15 finalist ideas into real prototypes.
Win the $5.000 prize for the best idea. Submit your idea individually or in a team of up to 4 people.
You can apply as many times as you have innovative ideas.
What can we do to make energy more smart, efficient, and sustainable? Choose the category that best suits your innovative idea and register now!
- Decarbonization. Ideas to reduce the carbon dioxide emissions through the use of innovative technologies such as biogas, e-fuels, biofuels, etc.
- Renewable energies. Innovative technological proposals for clean energies such solar, wind, hydro, tidal, geothermal, biomass, etc.
- Energy efficiency. Ideas based on cutting-edge technologies to maximize the use of energy at a lower cost and with a lower carbon footprint.
- Energy storage. Innovative proposals based on storage options with batteries, thermal systems, etc. so energy can be available to meet demand whenever needed.
- Sustainable mobility. Technology-based ideas for a green, smart and affordable mobility such as zero-emission, infrastructures, connected or automated multimodal, etc.
- Circular economy. Proposals related to the circular economy of energy production, industrial symbiosis, municipal-level cooperation, customer interface, etc.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
If you are a student or professor from any university in the world, with a great idea that will make the energy of the future more sustainable, efficient and universal, this is your hackathon! You can participate alone or in a team. All you have to do is send us a video explaining your idea.
A jury will review all the applications and select the 15 ideas that will compete in a 48-hour virtual hackathon. Participants will be guided through expert support to develop a business model prototype of their idea. The finalists will present their projects to the jury in the Demo Day. The best 3 ideas will be awarded with a prize of $5,000, $3,000 and $2,000.