EPFL scientists in 2019 Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researchers list
Twenty four EPFL scientists have been included in the prestigious Thomson Reuters’ list of Highly Cited Researchers.
Since 2014, Clarivate Analytics has produced an annual Highly Cited Researchers list of scientists whose publications during the previous decade contain a notable number of papers that are in the top 1% most cited paper for their publication year.
The papers are categorized in one or more of 21 main subject fields from the Essential Science Indicators (ESI), as well as a cross-field category for researchers who have produced exceptional publications across multiple subject fields.
This year, the Highly Cited Researchers (HCR) list includes 24 EPFL scientists, four of which are appearing on the HCR list for the first time:
- Dr Antonio Abate (formerly SB; now at Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin)
- Professor Johan Auwerx (SV)
- Professor Christophe Ballif (STI)
- Professor Annalisa Buffa (SB)
- Dr Juan-Pablo Correa-Baena (formerly SB; now at Georgia Tech)
- Dr Stefaan De Wolf (formerly SB; now at KAUST)
- Professor Paul J. Dyson (SB)
- Dr Peng Gao (formerly SB; now at the Shanghai Advanced Research Institute)
- Professor Michael Grätzel (SB)
- Professor Anders Hagfeldt (SB)
- Professor Douglas Hanahan (SV)
- Professor Xile Hu (SB)
- Professor Tobias Kippenberg (SB/STI)
- Professor Andras Kis (STI)
- Professor Pierre Magistretti (SV)
- Professor Nicola Marzari (STI)
- Professor Mohammad Khaja Nazeeruddin (SB)
- Professor Fabio Nobile (SB)
- Professor Ali H. Sayad (STI)
- Professor Kevin Sivula (SB)
- Dr Wolfgang Tress (SB)
- Professor Urs von Gunten (ENAC)
- Dr Jun-Ho Yum (SB)
- Dr Shaik M. Zakeeruddin (SB)
Professor Michael Grätzel is named in three different ESI fields (Chemistry, Materials Science, and Engineering), while Professor Mohammad K. Nazeeruddin and Dr Shaik M. Zakeeruddin in two (Chemistry and Materials Science).
In 2018, 25 EPFL researchers were included in the list. Thanks to the introduction of the cross-field category, the number of HCR researchers is more than double the annual numbers in previous years.
Clarivate Analytics is an independent analytics company that once formed the Intellectual Property and Science business of Thomson Reuters. It currently maintains the Web of Science (WoS), a widely used online service that provides a comprehensive citation search for researchers across the world.