Audio tour in the Library: follow the flags!
11.09.17 - Are you a new comer or visiting the EPFL? Would you like to know more about the main services and collections of the Library? Since September 11, 2017, it is possible to carry out an autonomous visit of the Library in audio-guided form, directly from your smartphone.
Follow the circuit of the eleven colorful flags on your own, by listening to the audio-guide commentary directly on your smartphone. Short audio sequences are accessible through QR-codes distributed throughout the Library or on go.epfl.ch/en1.
According to your interest and schedule, you can complete all or part of the visit, and thus familiarize yourself at your own pace with the EPFL Library.
- Flag 1: Welcome to the EPFL Library
- Flag 2: Help desk & general information
- Flag 3: The Teaching Collection & Access to Documentation
- Flag 4: Workspaces & the Poseidon service
- Flag 5: The Art and Architecture Collection & Liaison Librarians
- Flag 6: Printers & MyPrint system
- Flag 7: Architecture journals & printed and electronic newspapers
- Flag 8: The Sciences, Techniques and Mathematics Collection & Liaison Librarians
- Flag 9: The Basement Collections
- Flag 10: The Sciences and Society Collection
- Flag 11: The different offers of services
- Audio tour available in French and English
- Estimated visit time, 30 minutes
- Map of the route available in a printed edition
- QR code reader required on Smartphone
- Earphones available on loan at the Library's reception desk
- Audio files available on Youtube: go.epfl.ch/en1
Grab your phones! If you have any question, the Library staff is at your disposal to answer at the Library desk.
The EPFL Library team