Welcome to the new EDMT doctoral students!
The Doctoral Program in Management of Technology (EDMT) is very pleased to welcome five new PhD students who joined the program on September 15, 2023.
During the welcome event held on November 2nd, 2023, Prof. Thomas Weber, director of the EDMT doctoral program, warmly greeted the new cohort of incoming PhD students, who were eager to begin their academic journey. He shared three guiding principles to orient them during their studies:
- "Festina Lente": He advised them to start slowly, to carefully weigh their options, and once a decision is made, to move forward swiftly.
- "Intuitum vs.Ratio" Prof. Weber encouraged students to learn how to balance quick intuition with deep reflection and reasoning.
- Patience: He recommended that PhD students should start with a slow and careful practice, emphasizing that speed (and skills) will naturally follow.
After this inspiring introduction, the new doctoral students each briefly presented themselves:
- Annaëlle Touré, joining the team of Prof. Michaël Aklin (PASU)
- Mohammad Shahverdi Konduri, joining the team of Prof. Negar Kiyavash (BAN)
- Ru Zhang, joining the team of Prof. Thomas Weber (OES)
- Tsung-Han Chou, joining the team of Prof. Gaétan de Rassenfosse (STIP)
- Qi Yi, joining the team of Prof. Ralf Seifert (TOM)
The official part was followed by a delicious aperitif organized by program coordinator Céline Cordey, providing an opportunity for everyone to mingle and get to know each other better.