The School of Life Sciences celebrates at EPFL's Magistrale 2021
EPFL’s School of Life Sciences celebrates 119 graduates at EPFL’s 2020 Magistrale, the polytechnic’s annual graduation ceremony.
On Saturday 2 October 2021, EPFL celebrated the graduation of 1179 Masters students in its famous Magistrale ceremony, which took place at the SwissTech Convention Center. Of those graduates, 119 received their degrees from the School of Life Sciences (SV).
The SV part of the ceremony began with two heartfelt speeches from the School’s Dean, Professor Andy Oates and the Vice-Dean of Education, Professor Félix Naef. They were followed by Arnaud Felber, the sponsor of the 2021 students, who shared his experience after graduating in 2008 with SV’s first ever class of Master students.
The Magistrale included several SV highlights, including:
- Maria Clapés Cabrer, who was awarded the prize for the best Masters average, Antoine Spahr the second best, and Leonardo Pollina the third.
- Héloïse Hannart, who was awarded the prize for the best SV Master Project.
- Camille Frayssinhes, who achieved the highest Bachelor’s GPA (5.84)
- Eloi Littner, who was awarded the prize Annaheim-Mattile from the Fondation Marguerite. The prize rewards a high-level Master's project that brings life sciences and computer science together. He was nominated by Professors Auke Ijspeert (STI) and Pavan Ramdya (SV).
- Julian Shillcock, who was awarded the SV Polysphère teaching award.