Gradual reopening starting 4 May
Research activities at EPFL will gradually resume starting Monday, 4 May. The restart plans, which are designed to ensure compliance with social distancing requirements, have now been finalized. Everything has been done to protect the health and well-being of those staff members who return to campus.
Who will be back on campus and other sites starting 4 May?
- Employees included in the restart plans approved by the DSPS.
- Administrative assistants are allowed back on campus for a half day per week.
- In their restart plans, the units have identified which staff members are exempt from the requirement to work remotely; this means staff members no longer need to submit separate exemption requests.
- Students are still not allowed on campus.
- Anyone whose work does not require them to be on campus must continue to work remotely.
The Swiss Federal Council’s latest announcements do not affect EPFL’s restart plan at this point.
Free hand sanitizer and face masks
Every staff member will be able to pick up a free hygiene kit containing eight face masks and a 100 ml bottle of hand sanitizer.
Instructions on picking up your hygiene kit
- Staff members will need to show their Camipro card.
- They cannot pick up kits for other people.
- The will be able to replenish their kit every 14 days.
- They should make sure to keep the bottle and plastic bag for reuse.
For the Lausanne campus
- The kits will be distributed in the BS Building, in the open area on level 1.
- Pick-up times from 4 to 8 May: the following pick-up schedule has been prepared in order to limit the number of people picking up their kits at any one time, for social-distancing reasons:
- Even SCIPER number (on the back of your Camipro card): 8am-10am | 1pm-3pm
- Odd SCIPER number: 10am-12pm | 3pm-5pm
Employees on other sites will be informed of the process separately.
How to protect yoursefl and others on campus
A downloadable document containing a few simple hygiene rules that must be followed on campus is available here.
Useful information for those coming back to campus
Some information has been added to the go.epfl.ch/coronavirus webpage for the staff members who will be returning to campus.
If possible, public transportation to commute to our campus and other sites may not be used. EPFL parking spaces (green zones) will be free of charge until further notice.
Several catering points will be open, mostly for takeout food. This will give staff members a few options without affecting their ability to comply with the hygiene and social-distancing rules.
All non-essential travel within Switzerland or abroad for professional or educational purposes remains prohibited until further notice. This applies to employees at all EPFL entities.
All EPFL events that had been scheduled up to and including 31 August 2020 have been canceled or postponed. The situation will be reassessed on 8 June.
To facilitate remote working, the following measures remain in place:
- No physical mail is being delivered to the stations; the caretakers will continue to scan it.
- Internal mail will remain suspended until further notice.
- Staff members will be able to pick up packages from their building's caretaker; any questions about packages should be addressed to building’s caretaker.
- Invoices will continue to be processed via ServiceNow (a fully electronic process is currently being developed).
The coronavirus website – go.epfl.ch/coronavirus – gathers all important information collaborators should be aware of.