Fast as Lightning Prize of the Block-Sprint Hackathon for EPFL team
An EPFL team, led by Dr. Jiahua Xu, postdoc at the Swiss Finance Institute @ EPFL, won the Fast as Lightning Prize of the Block-Sprint Hackathon in London on November 22nd.
Block-Sprint is a hackathon run by the University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies in partnership with Ripple and supported by Capital Enterprise.
The Hackathon received 26 initial highly competetive applications. After three elimination rounds, the EPFL team "SpringBlock Labs" progressed with seven other finalists to the Dev Day, held on November 22 in London. With Jack the Rippler, an arbitrage automation bot built by the team on Ripple’s XRP Ledger, they won the Fast as Lightning Prize of 3000 GBP.
The members of SpringBlock Labs include:
- Matthieu Baud (EPFL, Master in Data Science)
- Henry Decléty (EPFL, Master in Data Science)
- Jason James (UCL, Master in Computer Science)
- Gaspard Peduzzi (EPFL, Bachelor in Computer Science)
- Hugo Roussel (EPFL, Master in Computer Science - Cybersecurity)
- Jiahua Xu (EPFL, Postdoctoral researcher in Finance)