EPFL Doc.Mobility - Call for applications
EPFL’s Doc.Mobility is the successor to the SNSF’s Doc.Mobility instrument, which was discontinued at the end of 2020.
As such, this programme is jointly funded by Swissuniversities and EPFL and offers mobility grants to doctoral students who wish to carry out a research stay abroad in order to acquire more in-depth scientific knowledge, develop their scientific network and progress in their thesis within the scope of the awarded mobility.
The grant is available to doctoral students in all disciplines represented at EPFL provided they meet the following conditions:
- have been registered for at least 12 months as a doctoral student
- successfully passed the candidacy exam
- not be funded by a project of the Swiss National Research Foundation (SNSF)
- be of Swiss nationality, hold a valid residence permit or a valid cross-border commuter permit, be married to or living in a registered partnership with a Swiss citizen
- Contribution to personal living expenses
- Travel expenses
- Costs of participation in scientific conferences/ congresses/ workshops
- Research costs
- Tuition fees
- Family allowances
Deadlines and submission forms
There are two deadlines per year for the submission of applications. The next deadline for application submission is 23 December 2021 at 17:00h Swiss local time .
Complete applications must be submitted by doctoral students in electronic format via the dedicated Google Form by the submission deadline.
Applications must contain the following documents:
- a CV of two pages maximum
- the transcript of Doctoral School credits
- a project proposal (using the template provided)
- a copy of the last salary slip
- a copy of any financial contribution received from other organisations or institutions related to their thesis
- a letter of support (using the templates provided)
- Partnership and/or family certificate, if applicable