ENAC Sustainability Grants 2021: 17 projects funded !
Several calls for proposals, grouped under "ENAC Sustainability Grants", were launched in 2021 to address the ENAC challenges linked to Climate change, Digitalization and Urbanization. Discover here the granted projects!
With combined expertise in architecture, civil engineering and environmental engineering, ENAC has a unique capability to addres major societal and environmental challenges linked to climate change, digitalization and urbanization. Five different grants, grouped under "ENAC's Sustainability Grants" were launched in spring 2021 for the ENAC community to submit inter- and transdisciplinary research proposals, and innovative ideas in these challenging fields.
More than 30 ENAC researchers got involved in one or more proposals, and we want to warmly thank all applicants for the efforts made!
We're pleased to announce that 3 Interdisciplinary Cluster Grants (max. 170kCHF, for ENAC labs, managed by ENAC Dean office), 7 Innovation Seed Grants (max. 20kCHF, for ENAC labs, managed by ENAC Dean office), and 7 CLIMACT Starting Grants (max. 50kCHF, for EPFL-UNIL labs, managed by CLIMACT center) were selected for funding:
- iThCoM: Non-Invasive AI-powered Thermal Comfort Monitoring
Dolaana Khovalyg (TEBEL / IIC) and Alexandre Alahi (VITA / IIC)
- URBTREES: Disentangling the benefits provided by urban trees for nature-based solution planning: from urban cooling to sociocultural services
Charlotte Grossiord (PERL / IIE) and Dieter Dietz (ALICE / IA) and Julia Schmale (EERL / IIE)
- RE:CRETE Prognosis: Prognosis of building stock potential for the upcycling REuse of cast-in-place reinforced conCRETE panel
Corentin Fivet (SXL / IA) and Eugen Brühwiler (MCS / IIC) and Franz Graf (TSAM / IA)
Contact: [email protected]
- i-IAQ: Integration of Indoor Air Quality Prediction into Healthy Building Design
Shen Yang(HOBEL / IIC)
- ANTIVIRALPS: Screening for novel antiviral compounds in alpine and polar lakes
Anna Carratalà (LCE / IIE)
- RE:CRETE: Proof-of-Concept for the REuse of cast-in-place reinforced conCRETE panels
Maléna Bastien Masse (SXL / IA)
- ARKAÏYA: Gatekeeping Archaea companion diagnostic and therapeutic: unique ‘microbiome-management’ solution to infant colic, asthma and allergies
Horst Pick (GR-LUD / IIE)
- INNOWAL: INNOvation for Water And Legionella: Developing an innovative device for elimination of Legionella risk at the water end-uses in buildings
Amirreza Heidari (TEBEL / IIC)
- SWISSVENT: Smart WIndow SystemS for maximizing natural VENTilation in residential buildings
Evangelos Belias(HOBEL / IIC)
- MOCA: MOnitoring traffic Congestion in Africa using a swarm of drones
Manos Barmpounakis (LUTS / IIC)
- 2000LAKES: alpine research and citizen science toward the microbial conservation of high-mountain lakes in Switzerland
Anna Carratalà (EPFL ENAC) and Jasmine Berg (UNIL) and Daniel Gatica-Perez (EPFL STI)
- Climate changes’ impact on brain, cognition and mood
Bogdan Draganski (UNIL-CHUV) and Stéphane Joost (EPFL ENAC)
- FRIGEO – Fluid Rock Interactions in GEO-reservoirs
Marie Violay (EPFL ENAC) and Lukas Baumgartner (UNIL)
- GARDENING URBAN SOILS: Towards a Potential Carbon Sink
Antoine Vialle (UNIL) and Paola Vigano (EPFL ENAC) and Eric Verrecchia (UNIL) and Adriana Rabinovich (Canton de Vaud)
- Upscaling modelisation of climate-induced stone pine colonization into the alpine zone via airborne remote sensing and deep learning
Jan Skaloud (EPFL ENAC) and Christophe Randin (UNIL) and Devis Tuia (EPFL ENAC)
- The unseen processes of enhanced weathering
Nicolas Escoffier (UNIL) and Lyesse Laloui (EPFL ENAC) and Marie-Élodie Perga (UNIL)
- MPM-rockwall: A Material Point Method for Permafrost Rock Walls Instabilities
Johan Gaume (EPFL ENAC) and Christophe Lambiel (UNIL)
Contact: [email protected]
Call for proposals 2022 - apply now!
The ENAC Dean's office has decided to continue to dedicate specific funds to address sustainability challenges in the built and natural environment.
You can followhere the opening of the calls 2022 for ENAC's sustainability grant applications.
The "Interdisciplinary Cluster Grants" and "Innovation Seed Grants" 2022 calls are now open, with deadlines in February 2022. We're looking forward to receive your applications!