Best Poster Competition @ 2018 SCCER-FURIES Annual conference
On October 22nd, the Best Poster Competition took place in the frame of SCCER-FURIES Annual Conference 2018 with high participation and positive impressions by the attendees.
The competition was design as a two stage process. At the 1st stage, 27 posters were evaluated by several industrial experts in the field based on criteria, such as methodology, novelty, and applicability of the idea presented and presentation of the psoter itself. According to the evaluatoin committee, the competition has tough given of the high quality of work undertaken by the teams. At the 2nd stage, 7 posters got the ticket to give a 180 second pitch at the Plenary meeting as following (in alphabetic order):
- Open-source tool for automated quantification of PV hosting capacity in distribution networks by William Martin, Pierre-Jean Alet, Andreas Hutter from CSEM
- Optimal energy management for a grid-connected microgrid by Daniel Baltensperger, Jean Dobrowolski, Artjoms Obusevs and Petr Korba from ZHAW
- Optimal Planning of Energy Storage System in Electrical Distribution Grids using Receding Horizon Control Strategies by Rahul Gupta, Lorenzo Reyes-Chamorro, Jagdish Achara and Mario Paolone from EPFL-DESL and EPFL-LCA2
- Smart Control of Heat Pump for Grid-tied Photovoltaic System by Quentin Guesnay, Lionel Bloch, Jordan Holweger, Christophe Ballif and Nicolas Wyrsch from EPFL-PVLab
- Provision of ancillary services from regional energy systems (PASERN): Distribution network by Olga Galland and Patrick Favre-Perrod from HES-SO Fribourg
- The Borgna-Converter by Daniel Gfeller, Luciano Borgna and Urs Muntwyler from BFH-PVLab
- The Potential of residential Rooftop Photovoltaic Energy to Charge Electric Cars for Daily Use by Henry Martin, René Buffat, Dominik Bucher and Martin Raubal from ETHZ-IKG
Based on these Pitches in addition to the evaluation criteria as the previous committee, the Best Poster Award Committee consisting of Adel El Gammal (European Energy Research Alliance), Andreas Ulbig (Adaptricity) and Marc Scherer (tiko/Swisscom Energy Solutions AG) selected the Best poster.
With a great pleasure, we would like to congratulate the wining team from ETHZ-IKG
Henry Martin, René Buffat, Dominik Bucher and Martin Raubal. Poster by the title “The Potential of residential Rooftop Photovoltaic Energy to Charge Electric Cars for Daily Use”