News Automatic Control Laboratory
New textbook on Adaptive Control by Dr. Alireza Karimi
08.12.11 - Dr. Alireza Karimi has published the 2nd edition of his book "Adaptive Control. Algorithms, Analysis and Applications" by Landau, I.D., Lozano, R., M'Saad, M., Karimi, A. in the Springer Communications and Control Engineering series
Adaptive Control (second edition) shows how a desired level of system performance can be maintained automatically and in real time, even when process or disturbance parameters are unknown and variable. It is a coherent exposition of the many aspects of this field, setting out the problems to be addressed and moving on to solutions, their practical significance and their application. Discrete-time aspects of adaptive control are emphasized to reflect the importance of digital computers in the application of the ideas presented.
The second edition is thoroughly revised to throw light on recent developments in theory and applications with new chapters on:
· multimodel adaptive control with switching;
· direct and indirect adaptive regulation; and
· adaptive feedforward disturbance compensation.
Many algorithms are newly presented in MATLAB® m-file format to facilitate their employment in real systems. Classroom-tested slides for instructors to use in teaching this material are also now provided. All of this supplementary electronic material can be downloaded from www.springer.com/978-0-85729-663-4.
The core material is also up-dated and re-edited to keep its perspective in line with modern ideas and more closely to associate algorithms with their applications giving the reader a solid grounding in:
· synthesis and analysis of parameter adaptation algorithms;
· recursive plant model identification in open and closed loop;
· robust digital control for adaptive control;
· robust parameter adaptation algorithms;
· practical considerations and applications, including flexible transmission systems, active vibration control and broadband disturbance rejection and a supplementary introduction on hot dip galvanizing and a phosphate drying furnace.
Control researchers and applied mathematicians will find Adaptive Control of significant and enduring interest and its use of example and application will appeal to practitioners working with unknown- and variable-parameter plant.
Praise for the first edition:
…well written, interesting and easy to follow, so that it constitutes a valuable addition to the monographs in adaptive control for discrete-time linear systems… suitable (at least in part) for use in graduate courses in adaptive control.Return to previous page
1996 - 1998 Phillippe Moris
1998 - 2005 MBA Universite de Harvard
2005 - 2009 ROTH Cl Partners
222 Hu Bin Road, Shanghai 200021
Tel: 86 (21) 2308 1800
Rolex Learning Center
Case postale 122
1015 Lausanne 15
Tel: +41 (0)21 693 24 91